During the coming month of February, the Auditori de Barcelona will host the sixth International Percussion Festival of Catalonia
, which on this occasion will be characterised by a more international programme, with musicians from other countries such as the USA, Denmark, India and Portugal.
[caption id="attachment_2576" align="alignright" width="211" caption="The U.S. percussionist Marilyn Mazur"][/caption]
A total of nine groups will participate at the festival:
- Marc Ayza & Dj. Helios (Catalonia- USA)
- Gamelan da Casa da Música de Porto (Portugal)
- Marilyn Mazur · Molvaer · Aarset trio (USA- Denmark)
- Tambor de Saía (Catalonia)
- Pedro Javier González & Raúl Rodríguez & Trilok Gurtu (Sevilla-Catalonia- India)
- Conjunto de percusión del ESMUC (Catalonia)
- Percussions de Barcelona (Catalonia)
- Iñaki Plaza & Ion Garmendia (Basque Country)
- Santi Arisa & Jove Cor Coral·lí (Catalonia)
In this list special mention should be made of the presence of the Hindu percussionist Trilok Gurtu, who, accompanied by Pedro Javier González on guitar and the Raúl Rodríguez from Seville on electric Cuban tres, will blend sounds from the east and the west in a concert programmed for Friday 16 February.
During the coming month, the concert venues in the Catalan capital will host a total of nine performances, plus, as on previous occasions, the already classic performance by the students in the percussion group from the Escuela Superior de Música de Cataluña (ESMUC).
For further information visit the Auditori de Barcelona website